In March 2016 RVS carried out a consultation with the Community and Voluntary Sector to look at the possibility of introducing a Volunteer Passport Scheme. The aim of this scheme was to
• Build a database of trained volunteers who could be targeted for recruitment into specific volunteer roles.
• Give member groups access to trained volunteers.
• Enable Volunteers (passport holders) to carry any training they do from one placement to another.
• Help to save groups time and money when recruiting volunteers as they will arrive with generic training.
• The ability to share training and expertise within the passport service
• Access to volunteer management and training and resources
• Be able to track volunteer hours and use this information in funding applications/match funding
At the time it was decided that ‘there was not the appetite within the Slough volunteer involving organisations to make the project viable’.
A year on and with the changes to volunteer brokerage within Slough and the continued pressures on budgets it seems timely to look at the scheme again. Please take 5 minutes to complete the survey below and help Slough CVS to investigate whether the scheme is now viable and whether it could help
organisations save time and money and also encourage volunteering.
Deadline: 16th March